Tuesday, October 30, 2007

From the diary of Ash the fighter

from the player:

The other day I faced a creature as frightening as any that I have ever seen. It was an amorphous mass of gibbering mouths and fleshy bulbous appendages. My hearty party members fled in terror and I was sorely tempted to do the same, but the sight of my friend and former party member on the wall attached to the beast by a long flesh tendril snapped me out of my inaction. I rushed in with Shield and Hammer and started dealing out the punishment! My first swing connected satisfyingly and the second was even better. However the beast was not sitting idly by while I beat some sense into it....

The thing attacked me with it's tendrils, which I noticed had mouths on the end, (truly scary) and it connected with a couple on my exposed skin. Ignoring the attached appendages was a big mistake, as the creature began draining me of my very essence. My attempts to damage the creature became more and more feeble and as I was about to succumb to the beast, my party members regained their senses and attacked. Their timely intervention saved my life! The beast released me and tried to flee - big mistake as we all combined to dispatch it.

The others released Senodias from the wall and also a captured priestess who was also the victim of the creature. As I glanced around, I noticed a large gem from our pilfered stash on a table in the corner. Upon reaching the table, I was startled to feel the floor under me giving way. Having practiced combat on various precarious surfaces before, I was able to grab the gem (and a note under it) and leap to safety. The note was from our nemesis Delanov who thanked us for the return of his gems! Gerrrrr, I am beginning to hate that Druid!!

Well, about then the adrenaline from the combat started to wear off and I noticed how weak my wounds were making me so I chugged a potion to heal, only it didn't eliminate the weakness. Curious. It seems that I need the attentions of a real healer or priest. That is first on my list of to-dos. Next is selling the gem at the Pearl Earring where we sold the last gem (his prices are fair for once). After the split between the party members (including the group treasure that I am carrying), I will take stock of my remaining funds (after the healer) and see about better equipment (maybe even a new hammer).

No comments: